African Union Material
- Installation of a Cross-Border Basic Service Infrastructure: The User’s Guide ;
- Creation and Operation of Boundary Commissions in Africa : The User’s Guide
- Delimitation and Demarcation of Boundaries in Africa
- African Union Convention on Cross-Border Cooperation (Niamey Convention)
- Declaration of African Ministers in Charge of Borders on the AUBP and Its Implementation Modalities
- Declaration on the African Union Border Programme and Modalities for the Pursuit and Acceleration of its Implementation
- Declaration on the African Border Programme and its Implementation Modalities
- Declaration On the African Union Border Programme And Its Implementation Modalities As Adopted By The Conference Of African Ministers In Charge Of Border Issues Held In Addis Ababa (Ethiopia),On 7 June 2007
- Law of the Sea
- Handbook on the delimitation of maritime boundaries
- Maritime Boundary Agreements, 1985-1991
- COMESA Protocol on the Free Movement of Persons Labour Services Right of Establishment and Residence
- EAC CUstoms Union Protocol
- ECOWAS Decision Relating to the regulations on Transhumance
- IGAD’s ICBT-CBSG-Policy-Framework
- Protocol Relating to Free Movement of Persons, Residence and Establishment
- SADC Protocol on Facilitation of Movement of Persons
Videos on Borders
- African Borders from Barriers to Bridge (PART 1)
- African Borders from Barriers to Bridge (PART 2)
- The Problem with Africa’s borders
- African territorial disputes
- Top 10 biggest territorial disputes in Africa.
- African borders and conflict
- Let’s redraw the borders of Africa!
- Egypt’s dam problem: The geopolitics of the Nile
- How the Nile Can Provide Life and Divide Nations | Part I
- How the Nile Can Provide Life and Divide Nations | Part II
- A World of Disputed Territories
- Rare Maps of Africa
- Maps of Africa
- Maps of Africa Regions
- Maps of African Countries
- UNECA Map of Africa
Selected Books on Borders
- African Boundaries, a Legal and Diplomatic Encyclopaedia. By Ian Brownlie, with the assistance of Ian R. Burns. London: C. Hurst & Co. for the Royal Institute of International Affairs; also Berkeley and Los Angeles: University of California Press, 1979.
- The Map of Africa by Treaty. By Sir Edward Hertslet, Richard William Brant, Harry Leslie Sherwood; London: Printed for H. M. Stationery off. by Harrison and sons, 1909.
- International Boundaries of East Africa. By A. C. McEwen. Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1971.
- Political Frontiers and Boundary Making. By T. H. Holdich; London, 1916.
- The Cartographic State: Maps, Territory and the Origins of Sovereignty. By Jordan Branch; New York: Cambridge University Press, 2014
- Rethinking maps: new frontiers in cartographic theory, Dodge, Martin; Kitchen, Rob; Perkins, C. R., New York: Routledge, 2011.
- African Boundaries: Barriers, Conduits and Opportunities. Edited by Paul Nugent and A.I. Asiwaju; London: Bloomsbury Publishing, 1996.
Selected Articles on Borders
- Resources and border disputes in Eastern Africa. By Wafula Okumu, in Journal of Eastern African Studies, Vol. 4, Issue 2, 2010.
- The Purpose and Functions of International Boundaries: With Specific Reference to Africa. By Wafula Okumu, in African Union Handbook on Delimitation and Demarcation, 2010.
- The Nature of African Boundaries. By Adekunle Ajala; Africa Spectrum, Vol. 18, No. 2, 1983.
- Africa’s Political Boundaries: Colonial Cartography, the OAU, and the Advisability of Ethno-National Adjustment. By Emmanuel N. Amadife and James W. Warhola; International Journal of Politics, Culture, and Society, Vol. 6, No. 4, Summer, 1993.
- African boundaries and their interpreters. By Maano Ramutsindela; Geopolitics,Vol. 4, Issue 2: 1999, pp. 180-198.
- The Creation and Maintenance of National Boundaries in Africa. By Jeffrey Herbst; International Organization, Vol. 43, Issue 4, Autumn 1989.
- Lines upon Maps: Africa and the Sanctity of African Boundaries. By Garth Abraham; African Journal of International and Comparative Law, Vol. 15, No. 1, 2007.
- Why Redraw the Map of Africa: A Moral and Legal Inquiry. By Makau wa Mutua; Michigan Journal of International Law, Vol.16, Issue 4,1995.
- Borders in the News
- Border blog